My favorite junk bond, Michael Steele, is already paying dividends. In his first speech since taking over the RNC:, Steele offered up this gem during his praise of the House GOP’s attempt to stop the much needed economic stimulus :
“You and I know that in the history of mankind and womankind, government—federal, state or local—has never created one job… It’s destroyed a lot of them.”
OH.MY.God…excuse me while I weep tears of joy. I must have been the freaking Pope in a previous life to have been privledged with such great political fortune.
So the government has never created a job? Really? Ever? Hmmmm. What about
– the hundreds of thousands of people that work for the government including but not limited to teachers, firefighters, and police officers.
– politicial reporters, analysts, reporters and anchors paid to cover political news
– The thousands of researchers, analysists and policy writers hired by think tanks
-contractors who are hired by government
– the millions of jobs created by the New Deal
– millionaire political consultants
– and umm…your job as chairman of the RNC which was created as a direct byproduct of the existence of our democratic system
Thank you RNC, thank you so very much!